MAQUÍ. THE MOST POWERFUL ANTIOXIDANT SUPERFRUIT IN THE WORLD
The scientific name of maqui is Aristotelia chilensis. It is a plant of the Elaeocarpaceae family that grows in the temperate forests in central and southern Chile. Maqui berries are a delicious fruit with a dry flavor. The outside of the berry is a shiny dark purple; the inside is a lighter purple. The average diameter of a maqui is 5-6 mm. Maquis contain 2 to 3 seeds per berry.
87 mg de Calcium
0,8 grs. OF PROTEINS
44 mg de Phosphorous
0,8 grs. RAW FIBER
30,5 mg Iron
1,2 grs. ASHES
296 mg Potassium
ORIGIN AND PICKING
For the +Maqui products preparation we rely on a network of local collectors encouraging the community involvement and shared value, through sustainable wild fruit gathering focused on the care of the environment.
We collaborate with the Collectors Formation Program and a Local Entrepreneur Development Program, breeding a set of new technical and operational skills in our collectors so that they can achieve new job opportunities in the +maqui value chain It is harvested between November and March, accordingly its regional localization.
The organic fruit harvesting process complies with the certification requirements of organic product imparted by ECOCERT, a company which is a global leader in monitoring and guaranteeing the quality and certification of organic, environmentally-friendly products.
ECOCERT has certified Arauco in Wild Collection, Processing, Marketing and Export of Organic Products, Production of Organic Crops and Manipulation of Organic Products for all products related to maqui: fresh maqui, frozen maqui, freeze-dried maqui and maqui juices.
Several studies have investigated the benefits of maqui and its molecules for human health. Some of the most notable results indicate that bioactive components present in maqui berries have anti-inflammatory, anti-adipogenic, anti-atherogenic and cardioprotective properties. This is related to its high content of anthocyanins, flavonols (rutin, quercetin, and myricetin), flavonols (catechin), and phenolic acids.
In addition to being an excellent antioxidant, Maqui berry is rich in polyphenols, anthocyanins, and other nutrients, helping to neutralize free radicals (agents of aging of the body), protecting us against the changes associated with aging.
Beside being an outstanding antioxidant, Maqui is rich in Polyphenols and antocianinas among other nutrients, helping to neutralize free radicals (agents that age the organism), protecting ourselves from the changes associated with aging.
+Maqui organic freeze-dry in bulk
- Freeze drying is a process that preserves the organoleptic and nutritional properties of the original products, retaining color, flavor and nutritional value of the raw materials.
- +Maqui berry freeze-dry is made 100% from organic freeze-dried maqui berries.
- The product does not contain any colors, flavors, preservatives or any other additives.
- Freeze dried maqui is maqui powder obtained from freeze drying and milling of frozen 100% pure maqui berry fruit.
+Maqui berry juice concentrate 65º Brix
- Maqui Berry Juice Concentrate is produced using good quality maqui (Aristotelia chilensis) which has been properly ripened collected.
- The juice is obtained from the fruit by mechanical process. The fruit is macerated, the juice extracted, clarified/filtered and concentrated to 65° Brix.
- The product does not contain any additives such as sugars, acids, colorants, or preservatives.
- 100% natural.
- This product, the raw material and the processing aids do not contain neither genetically modified proteins nor genetically modified DNA.
- This product is 100% free of allergens.
- This product complies with the Chilean regulation, the Codex Alimentarius, the European Union and FQPA Pesticide regulations.
- The shelf life of the product is 4 years at -18ºC (0ºF).
- The maqui berry juice concentrate is packaged in 25-kilogram drums.
+Maqui frozen fruit
- Maquis are carefully collected by local communities, encouraging the community participation and shared value, through sustainable wild collection focused on environmental care. It ensures that the integrity of nutrients is preserved in the final products.
- Maqui berry fruit is harvested between November and March, depending on its regional location. After harvesting, the fruit is rapidly frozen at -25 ° C, thus ensuring the maintenance of its quality and its nutritional and physicochemical properties.
- The organic fruit collection process of Arauco Natural Nutrients complies with the organic certification requirements established by ECOCERT, a global leader in the monitoring and quality assurance and certification of ecological and environmentally friendly products.
AN INNOVATION OF
ARAUCO NATURAL NUTRIENTS
Arauco is one of the most important forestry companies in the world, with a 45-year history. With a presence in the cellulose, wood, panels and energy industries, using forestry resources comprehensively.Arauco Nutrientes Naturales is a new company owned by the Chilean forestry company Arauco, born in 2016. A company that aims to add value to Chilean native non-timber forest products (NTFP) in the health and wellbeing industry, and at the same time to enhance the work of the pickers’ communities. We achieve competitiveness in terms of production costs and quality at an international level, based on a sustainable and fair business model. We ensure the transformation of wild fruit into super antioxidant products, standardized and characterized with unique and differentiating benefits. Arauco Nutrientes Naturales has two marketing units for its +Maqui brand:
|RETAIL BUSINESS UNIT:||INDUSTRIAL BUSINESS UNIT :|
|Drinks||+Maqui organic freeze-dried in bulk|